Pages

31 March 2011

DIY Sugar Body Scrub

THESE days I've noticed that my skin has become rather dry, and my moisturizing soap and daily lotion aren't enough to alleviate it. Since I don't feel like experimenting with new skincare products -- at least, not for now -- the next best thing is to whip up one of my favorite homemade skin treatments.



Homemade Sugar Body Scrub


Mix thoroughly:


1 tablespoon fresh calamansi / lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons brown sugar 






Aaand that's it. All you have to do is gently massage this mixture over wet skin during your bath, rinse off, and let the olive oil work its magic. As mentioned before, my skin is rather dry, so I scrubbed this in after soaping myself. If you have normal skin, you can apply this before you soap up. Use once or twice a week. Avoid this if you are prone to acne breakouts, though.


You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract to make this smell yummier. (I tried it once and smelt like a cake for the entire day!) A friend of mine swears by almond extract. You can also use this as a hand and foot scrub. And if you find this mixture to be a tad too oily, you can stir in two tablespoons of your favorite body wash, though the mixture won't be as thick as intended.


So there. Instead of spending hours trawling the beauty aisles for moisturizing products (which, honestly, I find a little intimidating), the solution to my dry skin has always been happily sitting inside my kitchen. It's effective AND cheap!

How about you, do you have any natural beauty recipes that you swear by? What are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment